Following in the vein of Nathan Bransford and Lara Zielin, I'd like to take a moment this week to count the things I'm thankful for in writing and publishing.
1) I'm thankful for the Blogosphere- for bloggers like Kristin Nelson and Nathan Bransford, for blogs like GLA and Publetariat, for all of this dialogue and information that helps me learn more about the writing and publishing world.
2) I'm thankful for Twitter, for putting me in contact with tons of other fabulous individuals (like Joanna Penn of thecreativepenn, Maria Schneider of Editor Unleashed, and Henry Baum of selfpubreview, to name a few) in the writing world and giving me a daily news feed of hot topics in the writing world.
3) I'm thankful for the infinite hope in the possibilities of writing.
4) I'm thankful for an infinite list of moving, inspiring, heart wrenching, and absolutely entertaining books.
5) I'm thankful for literary agents who exist to help authors achieve their dreams.
6) I'm thankful for sites and individuals (aforementioned Publetariat and Henry Baum's Self Publishing Review among them, plus tweets from Indieauthor) for the information and encouragement they give to self-published writers and those interested in self-publishing and self-published books.
7) I'm thankful for the rare moments when I dream and actually do my own writing.
8) I'm thankful that my S.O. is plugging away at his writing.
9) I'm thankful for those that follow my blog and Twitter account and give me encouragement through comments or simply being a follower.
10) I'm thankful for anything that I am able to give to others interested in writing and publishing.
The Tweet Contest!
1 hour ago